Every Time I Die - Album 9

52 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

Maybe I’ll go check em out live if I can build up the will to go to an Underoath/The Ghost Inside gig.

They’re skipping California completely so couldn’t go if I wanted. Maybe they have another tour to announce instead?

Also, am I the only one not digging the song immediately? It kinda seemed like generic parts of ETID and DEP slapped together. I kinda like some moments of calm in my ETID songs. This one was kinda go-go-go. I kinda spaced out and wanted it over half way.

1 hour ago, MCDELTAT said:

They’re skipping California completely so couldn’t go if I wanted. Maybe they have another tour to announce instead?

Also, am I the only one not digging the song immediately? It kinda seemed like generic parts of ETID and DEP slapped together. I kinda like some moments of calm in my ETID songs. This one was kinda go-go-go. I kinda spaced out and wanted it over half way.

Nah, you're not the only one. Didn't want to harsh anyone's vibe/go against the circle jerk 😅

13 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

I really enjoyed the second half of the song more than the first half. Sounds like they’ll have the potential to combine their talents more effectively as they play together more. 

On 4/17/2023 at 5:11 PM, MCDELTAT said:

the only one not digging the song immediately? It kinda seemed like generic parts of ETID and DEP slapped together. I kinda like some moments of calm in my ETID songs. This one was kinda go-go-go. I kinda spaced out and wanted it over half way.

I'm never really been a fan of Greg, I lost interest in DEP after he joined, and he pales in comparison to Keith over farily typical ETiD riffs. I'll have to give the song a couple more spins and see what the rest of the album is like, but I don't really feel any sort of way about the track.

5 minutes ago, RyanSmithers said:

Oh man...tough crowd here....it's just one song that shows that the guys are still interested in creating rippers!  That's good news, I think!  Excited to see what they have for the full album.

Was my exact thoughts too. I thought we agreed earlier in the thread to let whatever spawned within the 'TIDVERSE to come about without quick judgment! C'mon lads, don't lose faith!!

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The song was cool, though I might be in the minority when I say that I don’t like when some of Keith’s vocals are sung. For example I really dislike “The New Black” but I know it was a staple of their set. Not trying to be like those weirdos picking sides on Instagram contents, but I’m liking this more than the Better Lovers output. Either way I’m excited to get more Buckley bros. music. 

9 hours ago, Justinadamk said:

This interview Keith talks about all the influences of the album. I was intrigued to hear the song as a result but it sounds nothing like those at all.