Glassjaw Coloring Book vinyl limited to 120 unique color combos 8/16

I'm willing to sell my Glassjaw "Coloring Book" vinyl. It's the original pressing from 2013 that has separate 12", 10", and 7". It has the original box frame the set came in. It's this version:

https://www.discogs.com/release/4825160-Glassjaw-Coloring-Book

If you're interested, please message me. It'll be less than what they're going for on Discogs.

11 hours ago, FEN1XD0WN said:

Cool cool. For some reason with this album every time it's gotten rereleased I've missed it and then I look on discogs and I'm like uhhhhh. 

I snagged my copy at a Hot Topic on clearance in 2010 or 2011 with an also clearanced copy of Misfits “Static Age.” Solid day. 

39 minutes ago, seanicus said:

I snagged my copy at a Hot Topic on clearance in 2010 or 2011 with an also clearanced copy of Misfits “Static Age.” Solid day. 

Same, I remember it was like $6 bucks, also picked up Deftones SNW same day on sale. The good old Hot Topic clearance sales days. What a time. 

8 hours ago, seanicus said:

Ah the good ol Hot Topic clearance says. I remember getting The Bled and La Dispute albums for super cheap back then. What a time to be alive haha. 

13 hours ago, FEN1XD0WN said:

Ah the good ol Hot Topic clearance says. I remember getting The Bled and La Dispute albums for super cheap back then. What a time to be alive haha. 

I used to buy back my own label’s releases from Hot Topic during Hot Cash days at literal pennies on the dollar then putting them back in my webstore and selling them at full price. Hot Topic was a godsend to microlabels like mine in the 2010s. 

On 12/5/2023 at 8:52 AM, Deathbyart said:

Snagged Heat Fetish for like $2.50. So good

there was one of those at my local HT for YEARS in their clearance section, just getting more and decrepit looking from people touching it and moving it around, edges all worn, corners completely fucked. they probably just threw it away eventually.

1 hour ago, rrd said:

there was one of those at my local HT for YEARS in their clearance section, just getting more and decrepit looking from people touching it and moving it around, edges all worn, corners completely fucked. they probably just threw it away eventually.

This is how I remember HT vinyl at different points. Sitting in crates that were jammed wherever and seeing that they had been handled by people who did not care even a little about being careful with them.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/2/2023 at 10:32 AM, TheGhostOfRandySavage said:

Because the "white" bundle is actually black vinyl and vice-versa. It's weird how they listed it.

I almost accidentally bought the black cover/white vinyl version when I was checking out.

Son of a mother fuck.

Will now attempt to have them switch my order. Fuck.

Thank you for the clearing that up.

I mean, the price makes much more sense once it's in your hand.

Flimsy box, no-frills plain single sleeves, all black and white ink, no inserts, lyrics, or track listings.  At least they opted for clear plastic inners instead of sandpaper.  Only listened to 2x of them so far but sounded good to me.

Still, super glad to have these at an affordable price in a playable format.

On 1/12/2024 at 12:55 PM, rooks said:

I mean, the price makes much more sense once it's in your hand.

Flimsy box, no-frills plain single sleeves, all black and white ink, no inserts, lyrics, or track listings.  At least they opted for clear plastic inners instead of sandpaper.  Only listened to 2x of them so far but sounded good to me.

Still, super glad to have these at an affordable price in a playable format.

When I compare this set to something like Failure’s 92-96 box set, even if there was a ~$30 difference, it shows how bare bones this one is.  I’m sure it’s somewhat by design, sleek, simple, etc., but they could’ve at least printed on the spines of the jackets.

But, like you said, I’ve spun Coloring Book and Our Color Green, and they both sound excellent.  I should probably give them a cleaning as there are a few pops, but the sound quality really does shine here.

Listening to (one of) the copies of OCG right now and it sounds great but like… has there ever been a specific “order” for these songs?  Because the order of them seems to be off.

Like side A is:

You Think You’re (John Fucking Lennon)

Stars

Natural Born Farmer

And side B is:

Jesus Glue

All Good Junkies Go to Heaven

It’s like it was pressed backwards and in reverse order, if that makes sense.

Edited by Rip