Record Store Day 2015 (4/18/15)

Eh. They are a smaller punk store who just didn't like the pain rsd has become. They are doing a customer appreciation day instead. They bought a literal pallet of 7" s from interpunk that they are putting out to dig through. Its still about going out and supporting a store, just not for special releases.

That's really cool. Also, you nailed it in this response.

I don't think the shirts are meant as a joke. You either support RSD or you don't.

Haha! That's really ignorant. I support supporting indie shops. i do not support the extortion of small run records meant almost entirely for collecting/flipping. Do I buy stuff from my favorite bands? Yes. Do I wish I didn't have to pay an RSD tax? Yes. Do I wish these releases were larger so everyone can enjoy them? Yes.

Well, this is one way to handle the Deja rush

https://www.facebook.com/indycdandvinyl

Basically says they got 2 copies, and are going to charge $1 for raffle tickets to give these away, with profits going to charity

How are they allowed to do this?

Basically says they got 2 copies, and are going to charge $1 for raffle tickets to give these away.

Probably are allowed but that's super shitty. I'm assuming they'll let people buy as many tickets as they want, so if some dude buys 100 that's $100 in their pocket and the he's not guaranteed to win.

And before anyone compares this to gambling we're talking about music here, a form of art.

Basically says they got 2 copies, and are going to charge $1 for raffle tickets to give these away, with profits going to charity

Not sure how they're allowed to do it, but I actually think that's kinda rad. Especially if you can only enter the raffle once. Indy CD & Vinyl is a legit shop too.

I don't have a problem with this at all.

Probably are allowed but that's super shitty. I'm assuming they'll let people buy as many tickets as they want, so if some dude buys 100 that's $100 in their pocket and the he's not guaranteed to win.

And before anyone compares this to gambling we're talking about music here, a form of art.

Why's it shitty? They're giving everyone that comes in their store the same opportunity to own this whether they can get in line on Thursday or not And the $$ is going to charity

11150171_10153197922677618_6429318552442

Here's the TDWP 7"... don't really like the pvc(?) sleeve but whatever.

Also, anyone going to a Bullmoose wanna pick one up for me? Might be a little cheaper than waiting for these to go online. Shouldn't be too hard to find as it's out of #3000. Doesn't have to be that store either, it's just showing the cheapest price so far there...

Whoa they're giving all the proceeds from the raffle tickets to a girls camp that helps establish motivation and self esteem AND to another organization that archives Indiana's music history and assists in keeping their musical culture relevant and up to date? Buncha assholes

11150171_10153197922677618_6429318552442

Here's the TDWP 7"... don't really like the pvc(?) sleeve but whatever.

Also, anyone going to a Bullmoose wanna pick one up for me? Might be a little cheaper than waiting for these to go online. Shouldn't be too hard to find as it's out of #3000. Doesn't have to be that store either, it's just showing the cheapest price so far there...

Im looking for this as well. Is this a new song?

The idea itself, I like, because of the charity bit - it really doesn't bother me.  If anything, 10-15 people will not line up early.

One thing - Just imagine if they would have done this last yr with a certain box set

How many people would have been in approval of that?

You don't joke about RSD. You either stand by it 100% in solidarity or you never speak it's name. If you attend RSD or acquire a RSD release and claim to be against it, you are the worst thing a person can be in this life: a hypocrite about RSD.