The Walking Dead

mcm1610

I have to preface this by saying that i love the show and generally go with the flow on what they do writing-wise but i Really don't like how they handled a moment that could have been the walking dead's equivalent of the red wedding episode in game of thrones. they totally dropped the ball on this one. The cliffhangers are getting old (save em for the mid-season finales). Also, this carol arc is so dumb. "I can't kill, leave me morgan"... aims gun at morgan.

Okay so, let me start by saying I loved the introduction of Negan as a whole. I love JDM as Negan and I thought the entire episode was fantastic... but the whole point of Negan's arrival is for him to come in, fuck everything up and leave you/the characters absolutely devastated wondering what's next. Part of me is plain offended, this whole cliffhanger is like a slap in the face to the core fanbase who made this show as popular as it is.There's no reason why "the biggest show on television" should have to resort to something this detrimental to the most iconic moment in the story to date.

But after watching Talking Dead and hearing Gimple and Kirkman discuss it, I see what the method to their madness is. The way they're selling it is the cliffhanger isn't the story, the death itself is the end of this story and the victim, the specific person that got killed, and how that'll effect everybody is the next story. My only hope is that when TWD returns they'll be able to craftily build the momentum back up so it doesn't feel like we've been waiting for almost half a year. I'm afraid they won't be able to pull it off and it won't feel natural. The moment is supposed to be a huge amount of build up right before having the rug pulled out from under your feet and I don't feel like the rug got pulled out from under my feet not knowing who died. Obviously someone died, but not knowing who takes away the whole devastation of the scene for me.

Also, I really hate blood on the camera effects. The blood dripping down the screen looked so shitty and it completely took me out of the moment.

...but most importantly, my Lucille. She's such a beautiful girl, the camera's made her look real nice.

Yeah hearing Talking Dead actually made me a little bit ok with the cliffhanger.  The episode was supposed to be more about the breaking down of Rick and his feeling of control of every situation.  And the way Rick looked during that whole thing was pretty chilling.

I personally thought the blood on the screen thing was pretty badass haha.

I don't think anyone who has made it to this point will stop watching due to poor writing. If so, they should have stopped watching a long time ago, but I agree the finale was a huge let down. I did read some things prior to the episode that led me to believe they would pull that shit. Not surprised because they do the same thing time and time again, but still... they've been building up to this moment all season, and then spat in the viewers faces when they didn't show us who died. Lame. 

I really did like the breaking down of Rick, them playing right into their hands, Carl talking about how he wasn't going to let anything happen, same with Maggie's faith in Rick.

To only realize that they never had a chance. That said, they could have still revealed who the person was. I know Gimple said someone did die, but who knows anymore. They knew they would get thrashed for that ending and they did it anyways the bastards.

That said, it almost has to be Glenn who met Lucille.