Dead bugs (thunder flies) inside sealed vinyl records

Hi everyone! I started my vinyl collection back in november last year and have collected over 35 records so far.
I've been keeping them sealed ever since I got them for the purpose of collecting rather than listening.

Over the summer in my country we get a bunch of small bugs mostly thunder flies that crawl and hide inside small and warm spaces, that unfortunately means that almost all of my records have these thunder flies dead inside the seal, since they managed to find a hole and get in.

What is the best method to dealing with these bugs? I don't want to one day wake up to a sleeve full of dead bugs and I feel like keeping them sealed is kinda pointless at this point.

Images attached.
Appreciate the help!
spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

This pretty much sums up this whole situation -"I feel like keeping them sealed is kinda pointless at this point." I can understand keeping some records sealed for whatever reason, but ALL? You're on a board where people at least pretend to listen to their records, so you're not going to get a lot of support here for bug filled sealed records. Sorry. The solution is to open and listen to them. It will then be easy to remove any insects. Keeping them sealed for value has now been deemed irrelevant with bugs inside. They might actually be worth less if there is any bug dookie on the cover.  Good luck.

• 6 months later...

I once had a similar situation with my bookshelf during summer – those little critters seemed to find their way into every nook and cranny!
What worked wonders for me was investing in some natural pest control methods. I found that using cedar blocks or lavender sachets strategically placed near my collection helped keep those bugs at bay without any harmful chemicals. Plus, it added a lovely scent to the room!
Another trick I picked up along the way was storing my records in airtight containers. This added layer of protection not only kept the bugs out but also preserved the quality of the sleeves.

Edited by Direakaw

On 3/5/2024 at 8:48 AM, Direakaw said:

I once had a similar situation with my bookshelf during summer – those little critters seemed to find their way into every nook and cranny! One trick I picked up along the way was storing my records in airtight containers. This added layer of protection not only kept the bugs out but also preserved the quality of the sleeves.

I took it a step further and dug a hole and buried them in airtight containers.