Please Send Love To Our Top Dawg, Jhulud ♥️

Dear VC,

It is with a heavy heart and profound sadness that I come here today to announce the passing of our beloved Juan's father, who departed from this world 6/30/23. During this difficult time, we gather as a community to extend our deepest condolences, love, and support to @jhulud and his entire family.

Video Player is loading.
Play Video
Play
Unmute

Current Time 0:00
/
Duration 0:19
Loaded: 100.00%

Stream Type LIVE
Seek to live, currently behind liveLIVE
Remaining Time -0:19
Â
1x
Playback Rate
Chapters
  • Chapters
Descriptions
  • descriptions off, selected
Captions
  • captions settings, opens captions settings dialog
  • captions off, selected
Audio Track
Picture-in-PictureFullscreen

This is a modal window.

Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.

TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-Transparent BackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparent WindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaque
Font Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400% Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadow Font FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall Caps
Reset restore all settings to the default valuesDone
Close Modal Dialog

End of dialog window.

Advertisement: 0:26

As many of us know, Juan has been an integral part of this community, without him there is no us. His commitment and efforts to this community extend outside of these boards, and he is a dear friend to many beyond this music community. It's our turn to give back and show our unwavering support to him.

Unfortunately, this unforseen and sudden tragedy has left an immense emotional and financial burden on the family. The hospital expenses have been overwhelming, and there are also concerns about the family home's stability in the face of these challenging circumstances.

To offer help and alleviate some of the financial stress a GoFundMe campaign will be organized, and shared here shortly. With hope, these funds should ease the excessive medical expenses, and provide them with the means to keep their cherished family home.

If you have a moment to extend your heartfelt condolences to @jhulud and his family please do so. May he find comfort in the love and support of this community during this difficult journey of healing.

My condolences Juan.  Sending positives vibes to you and your family.  I don't know you personally, but you're part of the fabric that makes this community what it is.  And myself, like many others, have made visiting here an integral part of their daily routine.  Keep your chin up, man.

Can’t speak for everyone else… but to me, this has felt like a devastating year of hard goodbyes.  Just so much more loss and grief than any year prior, seen firsthand through my circle of loved ones, friends, and coworkers.  I’m sorry to hear that’s a loss you’re now facing too.

I hope it wasn’t too sudden of a development.  I know I’m not anywhere near ready to process the loss of a parent, myself, but it’s got to be (even) tougher when there’s little or no time to mentally prepare.

I’d say it gets easier bit by bit if you can hang in there, but I also know I’d be numb and dumbfounded if it were me in your shoes right now, so no soapbox speech from me.  I’ll simply say that I hope you and everyone else are coping as best as you can right now.

I have no words to express the gratitude and support from everyone so far. This has been an incredibly difficult and unexpected turn of events and experience. My father had been fighting cancer for two years now...for a second time...and was doing well. But three weeks ago this past Wednesday, he complained that was feeling dizzy and not all balanced. We took him to the ER and eventually was admitted and found that he had multiple small strokes in his head, a brain bleed, and a heart issue. The cancer was in his left lung. In those three weeks, his condition physically and cognitively deteriorated. On that last week, it was worse than ever and it's when doctors advised that nothing else could be done. 

He was taken to hospice on Friday mid-day and passed at 3:00pm or so right as my mother & I arrived to see him as they had notified us he had arrived and was settled in. My brother had to stay home with our dog as she's been having a very hard time with my father's absence up until then. 

It has been a great deal of a struggle so far in not only these past weeks but also due to his passing. He left us without any info on a will or life insurance or anything of the sort. So we're handling all of this on our own as best as we can. We tried to contact a number of attorneys to assist us, but they're all asking for amounts of money we do not have. Thankfully, I have a few friends locally who have been able to guide us through some things as best as they can. But it all still feels very lonely and it's most hard on my mom as she feels all alone. And we don't have family close by who can stop in and hang out and be with us in these times. 

But I am thankful for Jared for not only making this post but also looking out and all of the support and love from all you VC'ers. It's incredibly appreciated and makes me feel less alone in dealing with this. 

We knew that my father would eventually pass but not this fast. But we're comfortable in knowing that he's no longer suffering and passed peacefully and waited to go as soon as we arrived to see him. I am taking comfort in that. 

Again...thank you so much VC. I feel the love and gives me comfort.