PO: SUNNY DAY REAL ESTATE "Diary" dbl LP, "LP2" re

Guest admin1338560633

• 8 months later...

New Newbury Comics exclusive color vinyl pressing is up.

https://www.newburycomics.com/collections/exclusive-vinyl/products/sunny_day_real_estate-diary_exclusive_2_lp?variant=34848070476

SUNNY DAY REAL ESTATE Diary Exclusive 2 LP

Does anyone know anything about the pressing info? Don't know why Newbury stop showing the number of copies of their releases.

21 minutes ago, paupérrimo said:

New Newbury Comics exclusive color vinyl pressing is up.

https://www.newburycomics.com/collections/exclusive-vinyl/products/sunny_day_real_estate-diary_exclusive_2_lp?variant=34848070476

SUNNY DAY REAL ESTATE Diary Exclusive 2 LP

Does anyone know anything about the pressing info? Don't know why Newbury stop showing the number of copies of their releases.

So they can call it "limited", but still press it to the demand.  Annoying, yes.

Edited by EHughes527

• 6 years later...
34 minutes ago, Sad Heart said:

Hmm. Wonder how Nate feels about it being re-recorded. Nonetheless, definitely seeing them in DC. They still got it. 

I had that thought as well; I missed them when they were in Orlando last due to other commitments, not sure if I've got it in me to drive to Gainesville to catch them this time. 

Re-recording albums seems like the new trend. I don't really understand it. I have yet to hear a re-recorded record that sounded better/or different enough to warrant the energy. I mean TSwift is doing it, but that is because she wants to own her own masters. I get that. This other stuff is whatever.

21 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

Re-recording albums seems like the new trend. I don't really understand it. I have yet to hear a re-recorded record that sounded better/or different enough to warrant the energy. I mean TSwift is doing it, but that is because she wants to own her own masters. I get that. This other stuff is whatever.

Agreed. All the re-recordings I've heard are inferior to the originals, Taylor Swift albums included. It's hard to capture the original emotion and energy you had when you recorded the first time around many years ago. Every re-recorded effort seems overproduced or trying to hard to capture something that isn't there anymore. 

I've got no issue with re-recording albums live in studio to better represent the way they're played live. It's decidedly labeled a live album, so there's really nothing about it intended to "replace" the classic.

w/r/t re-recorded albums better than the original: I disagree wholeheartedly with this take as a former obsessive diehard w/ the 2010-2014 Car Seat Headrest, but the predominant opinion about Twin Fantasy favors its 2018 version.

2 hours ago, DecayToDeath said:

I've got no issue with re-recording albums live in studio to better represent the way they're played live. It's decidedly labeled a live album, so there's really nothing about it intended to "replace" the classic.

w/r/t re-recorded albums better than the original: I disagree wholeheartedly with this take as a former obsessive diehard w/ the 2010-2014 Car Seat Headrest, but the predominant opinion about Twin Fantasy favors its 2018 version.

I think bedroom 4 track recording -> studio recording is perfectly acceptable and agree that album is better in its re-recorded state.